As part of The Great Interview Experiment, I got to interview someone I never would have encountered in the real or virtual world, which is precisely why you should check it out if you haven't gone there to interview/be interviewed.
I was fortunate to have an opportunity to meet Debbie Sommerlot, a mom who blogs at http://realworldmartha.
At the risk of getting too heavy here, I really enjoyed your post about not fighting aging. From reading that post, it is clear to me that you believe that you will be going to a place called heaven (which I would expect from a Christian). I must admit that I have trouble envisioning the afterlife. What does heaven look like for you from here on earth? I mean in a tangible way. For example, you talked about angels being there - what is an angel to you?
Yes, I am a Christian. Heaven is everything God is: perfect, holy, no crying and no pain! It's also very beautiful; perfect sunsets, and mountains. God tells me that what I see here is just a glimpse. Just a glimpse? Holy Moly it's gonna be great!
I believe an angel is like God's right hand man or women :) I like this definition and hope it answers the question: The word angel comes from the Greek work aggelos- which means messenger. They are many Bible verses that talk about angels being comforting, guiding, strengthening, encouraging, and there to worship and praise God. ETC
In defining parenting you say (or maybe you found this elsewhere but posted it on your blog, but it is very interesting either way) that a parent is, "One with no particular training to be in charge of another human while not having a clue about themselves." What have you learned about yourself since having children that you did not already know? And what do wish you had known?
In defining parenting you say (or maybe you found this elsewhere but posted it on your blog, but it is very interesting either way) that a parent is, "One with no particular training to be in charge of another human while not having a clue about themselves." What have you learned about yourself since having children that you did not already know? And what do wish you had known?
That is really what I have learned in a nut shell. I don't have a clue. That is why my faith is so important because I can't do it alone. I am not perfect and God's my mortar. I am praying I just don't screw them up too much and sometimes I think that's the key to parenting.
I see my imperfections via my kids as guess who they learned it from?
I guess there is things you wish you would have known but I would have made other mistakes anyways so I guess nothing. Because I will never be a perfect parent.
I loved reading about your vacation. If I only had a long weekend to explore somewhere you went on your trip, where would you say is the BEST place to go?
That's a hard one for sure. I just have to give two: Morro Bay, CA and anywhere in Oregon. I really love OREGON!
Your blog addresses so many areas of interest (which may be why someone thought you'd make a great president). In one of your posts, you indicated that you were a bit uncomfortable about not having a "theme" to your blog. Have you begun to feel more comfortable in your skin about this yet? (By the way, my blog is really self serving - it's kind of like journaling/therapy for me, which is why I don't get a lot of readers - you attract the masses).
You know what? I was just thinking about that, and I feel like I am in my own niche. I am in the Debbie-Uniquely and Wonderfully Made Category. I won't ever fit in anyone elses shoes. I feel another post coming on.
In one of your posts on homeschooling, you mention 2 side jobs. How do you manage the homeschooling, side jobs and your blog? I think lots of folks would love to know.
Well that was an older post. I only had one, a first grade-easier by far, at the time. I no longer have one of the side jobs (wedding coordinator) and my part time Pampered Chef is pretty slow as it is a lot schooling both kids right now. But my blog is a very important outlet for me, and I have to have time with it.
Speaking of side jobs, who do you think will get more write-in votes in the '08 presidential election - Ralph Nader or you?
That is also taking up my time. It's not easing running for President on the side.
Me of course :) But the way things are going I may not be a write in ..hahaha
How has this hoopla around you as a presidential candidate had an impact on your life, if at all?
How has this hoopla around you as a presidential candidate had an impact on your life, if at all?
It's tough because both McCain and I are from the same state. He takes up all the airport space. My pilots are struggling to put my plane down even as we speak. "No you tell him to go to another airport!" Sorry about that.
Has this strange course of events in your life (seeing your name on buses for example) changed your view of democracy or does it just seem like a blip on the screen?
Has this strange course of events in your life (seeing your name on buses for example) changed your view of democracy or does it just seem like a blip on the screen?
My son thought it was pretty exciting and that's all that counts.
Finally, inquiring minds want to know... what does your lipstick say about you?
Finally, inquiring minds want to know... what does your lipstick say about you?
My lip color is a wand, and has been for sometime. But I guess if I had a traditional lipstick I would be a little Slant close to Original Shape, Wounded Tip to the Point, and a little Flat Top to boot. But I can't rule out the other traits at any given moment. :)

2 comments:
Great interview! This Interview Project has been such fun. It's a delight getting to meet and read people I'd never find otherwise.
Thanks so much for the interview. It is such fun getting to know different people. I do think we all have more in common then we think though. I wish you much happiness!
Post a Comment