Welcome. Make yourself at home.
Laugh with me. Cry with me. I do plenty of both.
This blog focuses on going up and UP in spite of unwilling trips down.
In short, I'm bipolar.
Welcome to the mountain. Let's get in shape together.
Laugh with me. Cry with me. I do plenty of both.
This blog focuses on going up and UP in spite of unwilling trips down.
In short, I'm bipolar.
Welcome to the mountain. Let's get in shape together.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Fresh
Yesterday, I was on a trail I always share with a dear, dear friend. This was my first time walking there alone. Without the wonderful distraction of my friend, I saw the trail in a completely different way. I noticed the other people and animals on the trail. I smelled the horse poop. I allowed myself to really FEEL the breeze against my skin.
About an hour into my journey. I felt a happy feeling at the pit of my throat. Perhaps you understand what I mean. It's the feeling you get when you know something good is coming. But you don't exactly know what that good thing is.
As if an invisible thread pulled my head towards the East, I turned and looked.
There was my mountain, looking majestic as it bathed in morning light. I stood and stared, shocked that I'd never noticed that I could see my mountain before. I had been so involved with my friend that I hadn't seen it before while on the trail chatting with my friend.
I walked on, looking at my mountain at every clearing. I was so enthralled that I could see my mountain from the trail that I missed my turnoff and didn't realize it until I'd gone 1/2 mile out of my way.
A mile well spent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You walked on a trail you have walked a dozen times b4 with a friend.
Today you walk ALONE and you SEE YOUR MOUNTAIN in the distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did your boulder turn into a skipping stone that you bounced along the water by the side of your trail less traveled?
If just for one day, what bliss for you. And if for one day, than other days are possible.
Beaming happiness your way.
There is happiness in friendship (especially with wonderful folks like you).
And there is happiness in the space alone to see things anew.
Post a Comment